Friday, March 28, 2014

CHOP pill cutter by Sabi review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
My pharmacy sent my 400-mg, twice a day dose in a single 800-mg tablet. All 180 days' worth of it. I figured the easiest solution would be to get a pill splitter.

Fortunately i was chosen to do a review on one so i thought okay here is my chance to see how this works!! The Sabi Chop seems to do just fine, but the limited number of reviews concerned me, and the fact that the actual "blade" was plastic and not metal.

Then I figured oh well i did not pay for it so might as well give it a shot. At the very least I'd be able to weigh in on one side of the issue or another.

 It arrived today and the very first thing I did was to test it. I split three tablets. None broke, all split more or less in the center and the cutting action is very easy. I chose to press down on the lid with the palm of my hand, with the Sabi Chop on the kitchen counter top.

A loud crack indicated each successful operation - so loud I was worried, but the tablets were neatly split. It was easy to position the tabled so that the middle was approximately under the blade - there is no mechanical adjustment or alignment - but I figure the unevenness will balance out over the morning and evening dosage, right? :) Not that I'm off by much, I'm sure.

 The place to position the tablet is a soft, grey "rubber" or plastic bed with an indentation. It is oblong or oval in shape and works well for my tablets. If you have round tablets, then if they are larger than about 15mm in diameter, they will not fit in the position under the cutting edge.

 Now as for the blade, if one can call it that. It seems of a good quality and it is shaped in an edge, but not an overly sharp edge. It looks like a blade, just a little blunter, but still perfectly able to cut my 800mg tablets with ease and without crushing the tablets. All in all I am quite happy with this .

 *Pill splitter with ultra-safe and durable plastic poly blade
 *The splitter's inset rubber impressions stabilize pills
 *Wide pill splitter cap ensures accuracy of cut by even weight distribution
 * easy on hands and wrists, requires less effort to split pills
 * Pill cutter halves large pills cleanly and precisely to ensure accurate dosage and      features an anti-slip rubber base
 * Works best with larger, oblong-shaped pills.
 * May not quarter spherical or smaller pills accurately.

CHOP is made by Sabi:
Website: http://www.sabi.com
Blog: blog.sabi.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sabibrand
Twitter: @sabi_brand

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment